Welcome to Birding Adventure Philippines!
Please click on the “News Reel” above to know what’s up and about at www.birdingphilippines.com or visit our blog here for the latest birding news from the field, new pictures and videos of Philippine birds uploaded in our galleries or just about everything that’s happening at our website. Interested in birding in the Philippines? Click here to contact us!
- Happy Holidays from Birding Adventure Philippines!!!
- New videos up! See one of the world’s rarest hornbill: Sulu Hornbill digiscoped in Tawi-Tawi!
- Our 2018 Tours are up! Check out are Main Tours Page. No flexible schedule? Contact us for a custom tour here.
- A calling Sulu Hawk-Owl from Tawi-Tawi, Philippines. Definitely one of the more difficult owls to see in the world.
- Palawan’s most uncommon bulbul: Sulfur-bellied Bulbul digiscoped! Check out the video in HD here!
- Blue-naped Parrots are regulars in our recently-concluded 2016 Subic trips. Here is an individual feeding off on a Narra seed. The Narra is one of the Philippines’ most popular native trees. Video can be seen here
- From our 2015 tour, the endemic Mountain Shrike from Mt. Polis! Video and pic here and here!
- One of the most sought after Philippine endemics: Short-crested Monarch in HD video! Check it out here
- Superb Mindanao Wattled Broadbill digiscoped from of our birding tours last January in PICOP, Surigao, Eastern Mindanao!
- Trip report from our Singaporean birders from their April 2011 trip to the Philippines. Click here for the report!
- One of the 19 endemic doves/pigeons from the Philippines: Amethyst Brown-Dove.
- Amazing video of a Mt. Kitanglad Range regular: Philippine Frogmouth. Check it out here.
- The strikingly colourful Philippine Trogon in HD! Click here to view it now.
- The 7th Philippine Bird Festival is fast approaching! If you’re still not decided on going, check out this video of the stunning Flame-templed Babbler, one of the birds you may encounter in Negros
- Digiscoping small and skittish birds: Check out this calling Rufous-headed Tailorbird from Mt. Kitanglad, Mindanao, White-cheeked Bullfinch from Mt. Polis, and this Handsome Sunbird from PICOP.
- Ever wonder how mistletoe is dispersed? Check out the connection between Mistletoe and birds in a three part series here and here.
- New videos: Hear a Melodious Babbler calling from the forests of Puerto Princesa, Palawan; An adult and immature Mountain Shrike from Mt. Polis
- New video posted: A stunning Celestial Monarch videoed in the forests of PICOP, Surigao del Sur. Check out the short (but sweet) video here
With 7,107 islands and 600+ bird species to choose from, the Philippines is one of the best birding destinations in the world! Several species of hornbills, numerous kinds of parrots and woodpeckers, the endemic family of rhabdornises and many other beautiful and unique birds await you. Come and birdwatch in the Philippines with Birding Adventure Philippines and get the chance to see the Great Philippine Eagle.
Birding Adventure Philippines is headed by Nicky Icarangal, the premier Filipino bird guide with extensive experience in leading tours in the Philippines. With him are the more experienced tour guide members of the Wild Bird Club of the Philippines (WBCP). Birding Adventure Philippines takes pride in its extensive knowledge of the local birding sites and bird species which is second to none among its peers. The tours are organized by local birders with a birdwatcher’s interest in mind – seeing the most and the best of the Philippines. Since the guides themselves are the company owners, you are assured of personalized service with the aim of going the extra mile to ensure a great adventure at the least possible cost.
For more information, please check out our TOURS page for our 2016 and 2017 schedule. You may also want to contact us if you’re interested in our highly flexible Custom Tours. If you want a sample of the wonderful and diverse birds of the Philippines, do visit our galleries here.
Looking forward to go birding with you in our beautiful Philippines!